Tuesday, April 21, 2020

THINKING NEW BUT FINDING OLD


While attempting to clean some of my old "dribble" from the laptop, I ran across my Thanksgiving prayer from 2014. It could well be these blessings may give us the strength to weather such storms as we are now experiencing with the Coronavirus.  Just thought I'd share it.
  
Thanksgiving 11/27/14 Table Prayer….

After sitting on my deer stand for a couple of hours, I thought “my toes are getting a little cold” but then I immediately thought “what am I complaining about?  It’s warmer than most years, I’m relatively comfortable, and “JUST HOW LUCKY AM I TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SPEND OVER 50 YEARS IN THE WOODS ON OPENING DAY OF DEER HUNTING”.  In fact, JUST WHY, EXCEPT BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND HIS GIFTS, HAVE I HAD THE GIFT OF A WONDERFUL FAMILY TO SPEND THESE MANY YEARS WITH. 

I KNOW I AM NOT WORTHY OR DESERVING OF BEING ABLE TO SIT AT A THANKSGIVING TABLE WITH FOUR GENERATIONS OF BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AND MANY THAT CAN’T JOIN US TODAY BUT ARE HERE IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS.  MOST PEOPLE NEVER HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THIS, SO I THANK GOD FOR HIS GIFTS AND HIS BLESSINGS THAT HE HAS BESTOWED UPON AN UNDESERVING ME AND A VERY DESERVING FAMILY I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH..

No comments:

Post a Comment