Saturday, November 12, 2016

PROMISES, PROMISES AND GLOBAL WARMING


PROMISES, PROMISES and GLOBAL WARMING

My good friend and, incidentally, my long time dentist, Dr. Jim Fritsche, always advised me that he wanted to keep my teeth for as long as I lasted.  He never told me I would still be raking leaves this long.  This year has been a bumper crop as far as leaves go.  And, I think, as far as most things thriving on water and sunshine go.  I did think of having a yard sale on leaves, but someone, smarter than I, suggested the market would be flooded and prices suppressed so I abandoned that idea.

How many leaves are there on a Schwedler or Silver Maple, or perhaps on a Green Ash or Sweetgum?  Perhaps a Million, or even a Billion, or could it be a Trillion?  Oh, well, regardless, could it be possible that all those leaves, performing the miracle of "PHOTOSYNTHESIS" could have produced enough oxygen to partially offset the balance of offensive gases in the atmosphere and curtail the threat of "GLOBAL WARMING"?  If, so, perhaps all the blowing and raking and stuffing could have been worthwhile.

Thanks, Doc, for helping to keep my teeth this long, but you never did warn me about the leaves.  But perhaps the global warming thing will make up for it.  And, of course, this is not to be considered editorializing on Presidential positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment