Thursday, February 25, 2016

I JUST KNEW THINGS WERE GOING TOO WELL


It was like never breaking a yolk on a dozen over easy eggs, or still having the blood running on a “truly” rare steak.  I had gone through a pot full of pancakes without flipping one out of the pan.

I had almost finished crimping the crust on a beautiful apple, cranberry, peach pie-----when it happened….   Somehow, an evil leprechaun reached in and jerked the pie pan off of the cutting board, landing it upright on the floor, but shifting the filling and top crust over in an uncanny angle.  Alas, my artistic efforts saved the product, but placed it into what could be regarded as a “factory second” category. It seems as though most of my baking efforts end up that way.  Oh well, close your eyes and you will never know the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment