Monday, September 15, 2014

JUST BECAUSE IT'S OLD AND FALLEN DOWN DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN'T BE USEFUL


No ma'am, I am not referring to your husband. I am referring to the blown down Birch and Pine trees I spotted lying in the woods some twenty years ago. I salvage a few pieces and hauled them to the shed.

After contemplating various uses over the years, I, one day, envisioned a replacement for the somewhat inadequate bookshelf in the corner of the cabin.

A few days of solitude and various stages of frustration in the workshop resulted in our very own nature's bookshelf. Fits right in with the log walls too. Unfortunately, as “stuff” accumulates, we could well have used a larger wall. And,come to think of it, I still have some wood left over.

A June, 2013 Blog post pictures the Bookshelf. I will try to publish a post of the project in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment