Sunday, February 24, 2013

“I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE”


This post is merely a parenthetical expression of discontent totally separate from our stroll through the woods.

Those were the infamous words uttered by commentator Howard Beale in the movie NETWORK. It also came to mind when I saw my last two utility bills. I also noticed that the wood pile at the cabin is diminishing more rapidly than usual. There must be a common thread and I thought it worth pursuing. But I immediately decided that it would take a book rather than a blog to do it….which I am ill prepared to do.

However, retrospectively, I recall that the size of the woodpile did in fact grow smaller in proportion to the cold of the winter. BUT not at the same rate as our utility bills have increased. Am I imagining a disproportionate growth in utility costs or is it reality? Or possibly it could be just a veiled start of someone’s “redistribution of wealth” program. He just misplaced many of us into the wrong category. I do, however, remember buying gasoline at the DX station on Teutonia and Fairmount in Milwaukee at 6 Gallons for a dollar. The station is now closed.

I sure would appreciate your candid reactions so I can place my brain on the proper wavelength in case it has wandered asunder over the years. Meanwhile, I’m going out to chop same more wood. I suppose we’ll have to pay the damn utility bill too.

No comments:

Post a Comment